Caterpillar Electronic Technician (Cat ET) is a service tool designed to run on a personal computer (PC) under Microsoft Windows. It will communicate with the Electronic Control Modules (ECMs) through a communication data link thus allowing you to diagnose existing and potential problems, configure the product, and obtain data for analysis.?
With this service tool, you can:
- View active and logged diagnostics
- View events where irregularities occurred and were logged by the ECM
- View the status of a group of parameters (temperatures, pressures, etc.) simultaneously
- Record and log performance data
- Graph a group of status parameters
- View the current configuration of an ECM
- Change ECM configurations
- Perform diagnostic tests
- Perform calibrations
- Print reports and diagnostic results
For some machine and engine products, additional functionality has been included with the service tool program.