Caterpillar Communication Adapter III is the latest generation of the CAT Communication Adapter group, and replaces the CAT Comm Adapter II. This is the only recommended communication device for CAT, and the only datalink device that will allow you to properly communicate with Caterpillar engine on dual datalinks. This function is needed for some CAT ET (Electronic Technician) functions.
The set includes:
- CAT Comm Adapter III
- CD for installing the drivers
- USB Cable (From device to your computer)
- J1939/J1708 Cable (from device to your truck)
- Catepillar ET (Electronic Technician) Dealer version
Caterpillar Electronic Technician (Cat ET) is a service tool designed to run on a personal computer (PC) under Microsoft Windows. It will communicate with the Electronic Control Modules (ECMs) through a communication data link thus allowing you to diagnose existing and potential problems, configure the product, and obtain data for analysis.
With this service tool, you can:
- View active and logged diagnostics
- View events where irregularities occurred and were logged by the ECM
- View the status of a group of parameters (temperatures, pressures, etc.) simultaneously
- Record and log performance data
- Graph a group of status parameters
- View the current configuration of an ECM
- Change ECM configurations
- Perform diagnostic tests
- Perform calibrations
- Print reports and diagnostic results
For some machine and engine products, additional functionality has been included with the service tool program.